A place to discover and learn
Mixing Jams & Drinks ı Recipes From Black Bord
Thursday, June 24, 2021 4:16 PM
This is exactly why we enjoy our local products, so versatile! Who knew you could do such a thing. It sure helps when there’s a chef behind the recipes.
In this article, we have featured a few drink recipes using Black Bord jellies. Even though these were originally created to pump up your charcuterie and cheese boards, you’ll see there’s more that meets the eye.
What is Black Bord?
Bord meaning “plate” in Dutch is a symbol of sharing, taking the time to sit and eat with those you care about and that’s exactly what we wanted to represent our company. Black Bord specializes in gourmet jams and jellies that can enhance your charcuterie boards, sauces, recipes or however else you please to incorporate it into your cooking and everyday life.
Strawberry Cardamom “Martini”
- 2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz Black Bord strawberry cardamom jam
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- Sprig of thyme for garnish
- Shaken on ice.
Peach Jalapeño “Margarita”
- 1 oz tequila
- 1 oz grand marnier
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Black Bord peach jalapeño jam
- Pink Himalayan salt & smoked paprika rim
- Charred lime slice for garnish
- Shaken on ice.
Blueberry Mojito “Moscow Mule”
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Black Bord blueberry mojito jam
- Fill your copper mug with ice
- Top with ginger beer (we used @fevertreecanada)
- Garnish with a lime wedge
Roasted Garlic & Onion “Caesar”
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Black Bord roasted garlic and onion jam
- 1-3 dashes of hot sauce (ex: sriracha)
- 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Celery salt for rim
- Top with Clamato juice
* We recommend mixing your vodka and jam first really well and to strain it through a sieve so that you don’t end up with pieces of onion in your cocktail!
Stuffed Portobellos Mushroom
- Pork belly
- Fresh garden oregano
- Black Bord Roasted Garlic & Onion Jam
- Your favorite Cheese on top
As a Burger Condiment!
What to do with your leftover jars?
Turn them into spice jars! We love the idea of repurposing as much as Black Bord so thank you for the wonderful idea.